What type of Companies Can be Registered at Shelf Company Services?
- A Proprietary Company (Pty Ltd) -These make up over 95% of all Australian Companies. Suitable for trading, investment, trustee or any other legal activity. May have 1 or more directors, and 1 or more shareholders. Restricted to 50 shareholders.
- A Public Company (Ltd or Limited) – A Public Company will have investment from the public. Must have 3 or more directors, 1 secretary and a minimum of 1 shareholder.
- A Not For Profit ie Charity Public Company (Ltd or Limited) Non-profit (charity, religious, sporting, hobby, educational etc.) companies are a public company limited by guarantee. They require specific objects and clauses to meet government requirements. Must have 3 or more directors and 1 secretary.
If you have any questions in relation to what type of Company you want to register you can call our experienced team who can help you navigate the process. Its what we are here for!
Who Can Register an Australian Company?
How long does it take to register a company?
Once submitted our experienced and qualified team will verify your information and make the final checks before registering your company.
The company will generally be registered on the same day of submission, the only exception to this timeframe is when ASIC needs to manually review your company name. It may take ASIC up to 2 business hours to manually review company registration.
Our staff will keep you updated with your order so you do not need to worry.
Can I choose any name for a Company I want to register?
The name must not be identical to a company already registered or a registered business name unless you own that business name.
There are also restrictions on certain words a guideline to those restrictions can be found below:
- A name that is undesirable or likely to be offensive
- Any word that includes ‘Commonwealth’, ‘Federal’, ‘Crown’ or ‘Government’
- Words that can be deemed misleading such as ‘University’, ‘Trust’, ‘Chartered’ or similar
You can check if your name is available via this below link:-
How many people do I need to form a Company?
What happens once my company is registered?
If you have ordered full documentation hard copy we will then courier your company binder and full documentation to your designated address.
If you have ordered a digital version we will email all documentation to you within 30 minutes.
Once my company is registered will I receive my ABN?
As we are a Registered Bas Agent this is another service we also provide. Select Order Forms – ABN Application from here you can apply for Company ABN, TFN, GST & PAYG if required.
Bookkeeping Services FAQ's
You can’t be an expert at everything, so if you are spending time looking at your books and wondering if they are accurate or correct, it’s time to bring in the expert – a bookkeeper.
Bookkeepers have knowledge and experience that will save a lot of hassle and give you more time to improve other areas of your business.
How do I know if I am keeping my records correctly?
Every small business owner is time-poor – well most that I know of – and they often leave the important takes of correctly keeping records until they have to do it. If you use a bookkeeper you are in safe hands knowing your record keeping is up to date.
How do I know if you as a bookkeeper is legally registered?
A bookkeeper must be registered as a Bas Agent with the ATO and can always be a member of the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers.
Maintaining a registered company binder
You must also update records if there are changes to directors and shareholders. Shelf Company Services offer a range of secretarial services to assist you with maintenance and updating of your Company.
Call our experienced team who will be able to help you. 1300 842 223
How are my documents delivered?
- Shelf Company Services – Courier (in house courier – local deliveries only)
- Fastway Couriers
- Australia Post – Regular Mail
- Australia Post – Express Post