What type of Companies Can be Registered at Shelf Company Services?
- A Proprietary Company (Pty Ltd) -These make up over 95% of all Australian Companies. Suitable for trading, investment, trustee or any other legal activity. May have 1 or more directors, and 1 or more shareholders. Restricted to 50 shareholders.
- A Public Company (Ltd or Limited) – A Public Company will have investment from the public. Must have 3 or more directors, 1 secretary and a minimum of 1 shareholder.
- A Not For Profit ie Charity Public Company (Ltd or Limited) Non-profit (charity, religious, sporting, hobby, educational etc.) companies are a public company limited by guarantee. They require specific objects and clauses to meet government requirements. Must have 3 or more directors and 1 secretary.
- Super Fund (SMSF) – Self-managed super funds (SMSFs) are a way of saving for your retirement .The difference between an SMSF and other types of funds is that the members of an SMSF are usually also the trustees. This means the members of the SMSF run it for their benefit and are responsible for complying with the super and tax laws.
If you have any questions in relation to what type of Company you want to register you can call our experienced team who can help you navigate the process. Its what we are here for!
Who Can Register an Australian Company?
How long does it take to register a company?
Once submitted our experienced and qualified team will verify your information and make the final checks before registering your company.
The company will generally be registered on the same day of submission, the only exception to this timeframe is when ASIC needs to manually review your company name. It may take ASIC up to 2 business hours to manually review company registration.
Our staff will keep you updated with your order so you do not need to worry.
Can I choose any name for a Company I want to register?
The name must not be identical to a company already registered or a registered business name unless you own that business name.
There are also restrictions on certain words a guideline to those restrictions can be found below:
- A name that is undesirable or likely to be offensive
- Any word that includes ‘Commonwealth’, ‘Federal’, ‘Crown’ or ‘Government’
- Words that can be deemed misleading such as ‘University’, ‘Trust’, ‘Chartered’ or similar
How many people do I need to form a Company?
What happens once my company is registered?
If you have ordered full documentation hard copy we will then courier your company binder and full documentation to your designated address.
If you have ordered a digital version we will email all documentation to you within 30 minutes.
Once my company is registered will i receive my ABN?
You can order this through Shelf Company Services by applying online or by downloading an order form.
Maintaining a registered company
You must also update records if there are changes to directors and shareholders. Shelf Company Services offer a range of secretarial services to assist you with maintenance and updating of your Company.
Call our experienced team who will be able to help you. 1300 842 223